There are many different tattoo styles that are popularly seen around the world. This article will explain some of the most popular tattoo styles today so you can narrow down your options and figure out which tattoo you’d like to sport.
- Realism/ Portraiture: This type of tattoo is meant to look exactly how it would in the real world, I’s basically a recreation of an image. These tattoos are the hardest to make and requires a great amount of skill. They tend to use lots of color contrast and shading to make it look realistic and don’t have bold outlines. Portraiture tattoos are realistic images of someone that are recreated as a tattoo. They can be done with colors or black and grey.
- Tribal: Tribal tattoos are very common, and is also the oldest tattoo style. The design is normally geometric and symmetric. It is done with black ink and requires the tattoo artist to be very precise and delicate with their work.
- Watercolor: This style entails no line work, it is meant to look like brushstrokes found on paintings. They are normally made with bright colors.
- American Traditional: This style is one of the oldest. They are normally images of roses, skulls, and hearts. There is a limited amount of colors on it and is outlined in black ink.
- Neo Traditional: This style also used bold black outlines like the American traditional style. However, they are much more experimental. They include different variations of colors and shading, and are more dimensional.
- Japanese: Japanese tattoos often consist of flowers, geishas, and cherry blossoms. These sacred tattoos normally cover a large part of your body, and must adhere to the Japanese ancient traditions. The positioning, color and direction must be precise.
- New School: This style is highly animated and cartoon-like. The designs are exaggerated, colorful, and bubbly.
- Biomechanical: These tattoos are based off of the person body flow. They typically have components of machinery in the design such as wires, levers and rods. They are supposed to have three dimensional effects that make it look as if machine parts are intertwined with your body.
While doing this research can be beneficial to those seeking art inspiration, a lot of times, people still end up with tattoos they dislike. If that’s the case, the best thing you could do is go through a laser tattoo removal treatment. New York City tattoo removal is your best bet for completely removing unwanted tattoos.